Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, July 11, 2008

Back Roads & Farm Stands

Having sort of had it with the wait lists and totally inconvenient pick up schedules of local CSAs (one of which, for all my whining, I'd love to join), I decided to just hunt down a good, local farm stand, and go to it whenever possible. I found Hanson's Farm just up the road a piece from me, in a part of town that could be in Vermont, New Hampshire, or the Berkshires, for all the winding roads, horse farms, and antique colonial farm houses.

Felix & I shopped. I would have cheerfully brought home some of everything they had, but that would have been irresponsible, since there are only two of us eating fully solid meals these days. But I did get beets, patty pan squash, green beans, and corn. And that was on top of the two pounds of blueberries I picked this morning at Patt's Blueberries with Veronique and family. Of course, as they picked something like eight and a half pounds, that's not so impressive, is it?
This blueberry is my favorite. Just for reference, that's a US Quarter underneath it. It was tasty, too. I know. Cause I ate it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home