Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Out of Ideas; also, Comment for Charity

It took 12 days and 16 posts for me to completely lose the impetus to blog.

Never mind that I'm stretching here and turning not blogging into blog fodder. Blog fodder. Sorry, it just sounded cool in my head.

To give you all a picture of where I'm at this lovely November day, I'm standing at the marble counter in the galley kitchen at the townhouse where I work. Felix has unpacked the toy kitchen equipment, and is cheerfully flinging all of it from one end of the kitchen to the other, while O runs in circles around him chanting, "Humpf!" and giggling like a maniac. Both boys are still in their jammies, O's are Buzz Lightyear jams from last year, so they're a little short at the wrists and ankles, while Felix's are red plaid flannel and brand new, so they're more on the baggy side.

Now that you know where I stand, anyone got any ideas? Topics they'd care to hear my $0.02 on? Scintillating secrets they'd like revealed? Leave an idea in the comments. I love ideas.

As an added incentive to help me, from now until 9PM EST, I'm going to add $0.25 per idea comment (One per individual, and please no spamming. Those just get deleted and make me sad.) to Felix's annual holiday donation to Heifer International. This year, I've chosen the Eastern Uganda Umbrella Project. I know there are at least 15 regular daily readers (thank you, statcounter.com), so that's almost $4. If the total gets up to $20, I'll have to stop there, but that's 80 comments, and I'm not expecting that kind of turnout... It might not sound like much, but we're not wealthy people, and every dollar helps.

Inspire, me intertubes.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about a series of top 10 type lists. the best things about boston, the best things about your kid, the best things about your house, the best things about your family, the top ten things you learned about child rearing from being a nanny. (that may or may not have helped you be a mom yourself) i could go on and on.

11/12/08, 9:20 AM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Seeing as my lovely wife and I are dealing with the stupidity of health insurance and her attempts to get a primary care physician so that she can get seen for her terrible chest cold before it becomes pneumonia and sends her to the hospital...

Any thoughts on health care and insurance?

11/12/08, 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like thoughts on soup. I am pro Baked Potato (no bacon in the soup) and anti Cheese and Broccoli. :) KCM

11/12/08, 10:11 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

more pictures!! pictures speak a thousand words *cough cliche cough*. And if that fails, knitting? Knitting with pictures!

11/12/08, 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... blog fodder. Great term by the way! I always love to read about Felix and the kidlets you nanny. Is nanny a verb??? I agree with photos being terrific. You might write about your house. Are you still renovating? Ummmm..... knitting stories are always good as are pet stories. Not sure you have pets. Any special recipes you could share? sammmmmmm

11/12/08, 6:18 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

how about a "then and now" post (ten years ago, I was...), or your favorite pair of shoes you ever owned and why, or your favorite mixed drink, or something you do that always makes you smile.


p.s. word verification is "wedlyin" - I have to wonder if that's blogger.com's way of suggesting that you write about lies and weddings or wed lions...

11/12/08, 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm totally stealing this from my friend S@L, but she did a great series of posts featuring really embarrassing, actual notes (like the kind friends pass back and forth to each other) from her junior high school years. It was hilarious.
Pete has suggested that I blog on reasons why our cats should be euthanized.
By the way, I'm envious of all your posting as of late. I keep saying I'm gonna, and then it never quite happens. Way to go :)

11/17/08, 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home