Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Stuff of History

Dear Mr. President-Elect,

First, may I say congratulations on your victory, as well as that of the Democratic party. I'm proud to have been even a small part of it.

Now, I have a few things to ask. While there is no doubt that your election to the presidency is the stuff of history, please remember, in the coming years, that you are a servant of your constituency, not the history books. Make me proud that I cast a vote for an intelligent, compassionate, progressive leader. Strive to redefine the term elite through your example.

I believe that the elite should lead. Not the affluent, the pandering, the grasping, the jaded, but the true elite. The educated, articulate, visionary people of this country. Please remember, that is how so many people think of you. Keep your agendas focused on your people.

There is so much work to be done. Remember your promises to those of us who work hard, struggle to keep a roof over our heads, stay on the right side of the law, and try to raise our children to become the next generation of educated, articulate, visionary leaders - regardless of party, race, or religion. Stay close to the ideas of unity and moderation. Do what you can to repair the flaws in our society, not bandage them. You have our futures in your hands. Treat them with the respect they deserve.

That will truly be the stuff of history.

With hope and cautious optimism,
CDG

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Amen, sister.

11/5/08, 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to add my Amen, but brushfiremedia beat me to it! Here in Canada we waited anxiously to see what would happen. I'm thrilled that Obama won, and my hopes are the same as yours as he leads and changes. Being such close neighbours, whatever happens to you happens to us. I think Barack Obama will be a positive leader. sammmm

11/5/08, 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home