Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Breaking Radio Silence... but Why?

It's not that I haven't been doing anything lately, in fact, I've been a little bit busy. What I haven't been doing lately, though, is going to work. Fear not, I'm not a recession victim. I still have my job, but the kids have been away at various camps and grandparental visits, so I haven't had to go into work in some time, with the exception of a day or two here and there.

In the mean time, I've been slowly organizing. A closet purge here, a deep freeze inventory there. Scintillating stuff, right? You begin to see why I'm not blogging so much anymore... My mom taught me to can, and I made a successful batch of strawberry jam this week (of course, the true test will be when I open it up...). I zipped up to Portland last weekend to celebrate a dear friend's birthday, and got to catch up with a left-coast defector of whom I am fond while I was there. I've been reading, and catching up on old TV that was moldering on our DVR. I cleaned up our desperate front "landscape." It doesn't look quite so derelict, though I'm still tempted to get us on one of those DIY shows...

We are planning a trip to Hampton in the near future, so there should be pictures galore when we get back from NH.

Progress on the house has slowed a bit, because happily, Mark's been busier at work. The stairs are nearly done (mmm, pretty hardwood), and from there the upstairs hallway flooring. At that time, we will have 100% actual flooring in the house, after three years of plywood sections! Pictures then, I promise. Give me some window/door trim, and baseboards, and we're livable!

So, that's why the silence. It's not you, readers, it's me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay! I was getting worried. :) Can't wait to see the floor photos. samm

7/23/09, 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home