Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Saturday, March 11, 2006

My First Knitting Related Post

We just brought my VW home, and all bets are off! The friendly folks at Maaco actually detailed my car for me! Part of the large sum of money I spent, I suppose, but a nice unexpected touch....


Now, on to the ressurected knitting project. I started this afghan in October, nominally as a Christmas gift for my brother, future sister-in-law and niece. Clearly that hasn't happened yet... It's meant to be 4'x6'. Right now it's 39"x45". Close-ish, right? Well, the width I can't add to for obvious reasons, but I'm plugging along at the barely 4 feet of length. I'll get there. I SWEAR! And when I'm done, I'm going to try blocking it, as inspired by the fabulous Crazy Aunt Purl.

For those of you who knit, I'm using Malabrigo Uruguayan Merino, worsted weight, in "Alpine Pearl." It's handpainted, which accounts for some of the crazy color variations. I'm using US#8 circular needles. The actual pattern will be forthcoming. I promise!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home