Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Again With the Banners!

Not the JFJ's today, though. A more worthy cause than that, but first, a little backstory.

During the course of commuter events, certain weeks of the year provide a break from the gridlock, and this week is one them. Starting Tuesday morning, there is a steady decrease in the volume of morning traffic. It's a kind of holiday gift to the rest of us, who can't take millions of days off during school breaks. This morning, I zipped through Framingham, onto the Pike and through the Weston tolls in record time, only to be brought up short on the Extension. After a few miles of crawling along, wondering what horrors awaited me, I saw ahead waving flags on an overpass... Not again...

This time it was the Sad Dads, a group of pro-fatherhood advocacy types who are trying to get the family court system to more fairly consider the rights of fathers in custody arrangements. I told you, a worthy cause, and one kind of close to my heart.

When, however, the banner-wavers are on a MassPike overpass wearing Mr. Incredble costumes at 7:45 AM, distracting the commuters below into creating miles of clogged highways, I become immediately less sympathetic. Picket the courthouses, put ads in the paper, but please, don't make me waste gas being late to work.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Legal Blondie said...

Really? Mr. Incredible costumes? That's way better than the JFJ's. The traffic jam must have been monumental! (The cause is also clost to my heart, so I'm trying to picture N's dad wearing a Mr. Incredible costume... nope, can't picture it.)

12/21/06, 9:00 AM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Yeah, my dad in the Mr. Incredibles spandex? Yikes!

12/21/06, 9:40 AM  
Blogger The Burger said...

If the JFJ's had their s*** together, they would have been in Mr. Incredible costumes as well.

You know, for years I thought Jews for Jesus was a joke from Airplane?? I remember distinctly laughing out loud when they say it in the movie, and then some years later, being embarrassed (and disappointed?) that I had been laughing about a thing that actually exists.

Remember Airplane, Rolio survivors?? :-)

12/21/06, 11:54 AM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Sale at Penny's!

12/21/06, 11:58 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

12/21/06, 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home