Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Chrismukkah Indeed....

Guess why traffic was backed up two miles out of Beacon Hill on Storrow Drive this morning? Not because of solar glare, or an accident, or the ceiling caving in... Oh, no.

Jews for Jesus.

There were seven or eight Jews for Jesus volunteers on the Fairfield Street overpass this morning with banners reading, "Moses Knew Jesus" and "jewsforjesus.org," and cars were slowing down to gawk at them like an accident scene. That's what was causing all the traffic.

I found myself wondering at the slogan, "Moses Knew Jesus," mostly because it's a puzzling choice to an educated, but not spiritually educated, woman. Historically, I know Moses was not, in fact, acquainted with Jesus personally. Do they mean that since they believe that Jesus is the Messiah of the Jewish people, that Moses knew he was coming, because he was a Jewish man? I'm not as up on my Old Testament as I could be, so I leave these questions to those who are going to ruminate on them more seriously.

I guess a controversial religious belief can cause trouble on any scale... We are peculiar creatures, aren't we?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Burger said...

I think they meant that they knew each other biblically.

RIGHT?!? WHO'S WITH ME!! WOOO!!

12/20/06, 12:54 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

wow. you went there. you really went there. wow.

12/20/06, 3:40 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Ouch, Burger... we were all thinking it, but really! MoMP is a family affair, right?

Wait—who's family is having an affair??

12/20/06, 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home