Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Four! Four Mittens! AhAhAh! Also, A Christmas Stocking, and Being Stuck in the House With Four Kids

The kids are off from school today, on a Wednesday, because of parent-teacher conferences. We have a friend over for a grand total of four kids, and I'm going slightly crazy.

The friend is a classmate of J's, and she's really cool, but she's got a really lenient Mom, and has no idea what it's like to have a little sibling, so there are just a lot of tiny, meaningless conflicts over snacks, O-friendly activities, etc... Add to that J&E's boredom, because they're used to structured days at school, and O just being his usual chaotic self, and you get a nanny with a headache.

I feel a little like a grump for complaining. After all, no one is maimed or truly misbehaving. The house is still standing, and not even that messy... It's just that someone is constantly asking me for something, and four times out of five I'm saying no - it's like being poked in the shoulder every three seconds by a very strong and persistant finger.

On the other hand, I finished my Christmas Stocking, pictured here:
From Knitting

Mark's is next...

And all four of my mittens are done!
From Knitting

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

The stocking looks nice and big - good job on that one! (The question is, will Mark's be the same size???)

:-)

12/6/06, 4:29 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

In theory, yes. In practice? Depends on how good at socks I really am...

12/6/06, 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home