Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, November 27, 2006

Variation On A Venison Shoulder

Gentle reader, you thought I was done with food for a while (or at least you hoped)...

My Dad called last night to inform me that he was bringing me a 2-pound shoulder roast of venison from his buddy Mike's last kill. Nice!

Now... what should I do with it? I'm thinking since it's shoulder, and likely tough, that I'll marinate it in red wine (I've got a VT-made Elderberry wine I'm dying to try out) and rosemary, perhaps coriander? with some garlic and maybe a little vinegar?

Brown it on the stove, toss in some onion, carrot, celery, with the marinade and some stock, and braise it in the oven (or my crock pot - je ne suis pas home a lot)...

While the meat rests, reduce the liquid for pan sauce...

Mashed potatoes with the pot veggies mashed in...

Mmmmmm....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

First, let me just say that though I don't eat red meat as a general rule (emphasis on general - exceptions abound), you just made me drool while reading this post.

Second, thumbs up on sneaking a little Franglais into your post. I will make it a personal goal to mix more languages into my postings too.

11/27/06, 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home