Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Sunday, December 10, 2006

It Isn't A Party Until...

...something gets broken: only one wine glass. We must be getting old.

...someone puts their foot in their mouth: Drunk Girl says to N, "Why are you so grumpy? You could have that (gestures to Fibby) if you weren't so grumpy." N gestures to nearby wife, H, and says, "But I'm already married to that."

...two-and-a-half pounds of bacon is cooked: description unnecessary.

...two-hundred oysters are shucked.

...drunk dialing occurrs: We missed you, Burger!

Seriously, it was a great night, and a great morning/afternoon. Bacon, pug dogs, tree trimmin', cheap wine, couch surfers, sixteen hours of Christmas music, oysters, nine cars in our driveway. Kudos to all who came out! Happy Holidays, Merry OysterFestivus, and a Happy New Year!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

Now that was a GREAT party! I'm still laughing at the foot-in-mouth comment. Brilliant.

And speaking of bacon, I still smell like bacon nearly 10 hours after leaving your house (and so does my pillow, sweater, and everything else that was residing in your abode this morning during bacon-cooking time). I managed to bring a little of the party home with me! (now why couldn't I have managed to bring the sticky buns part of the pary home with me instead!?)

Thanks again! :-)

12/10/06, 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so bummed that I wasn't drunk dialed. Sigh. What would Cindi Lou Who do at this time of year?

12/11/06, 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home