Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Getting A Baby!

Yesterday, that's how Miss E was announcing my pregnancy to anyone who would listen. It's kinda hilarious. Especially given that up until yesterday, she really hadn't said anything about it, even when I told them. She told several people down at the Ebersol Fields in just that fashion. Some people assumed she meant her mom was expecting again, and I was quick to disabuse them of that idea. She wanted to know if our baby would be her cousin, if it can hear her talk to it, and while she gets that it's growing in my tummy, she still figures we get it somewhere to bring home. I think I'll let their parents figure that conversation out...

It took her a few weeks to process the whole thing, but I'm certainly glad she's excited! Jack is still being cool. When their Mom asked what he thought about it, he said, "It's pretty cool." Then he went back to his video game. It's good to be eight.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bimbimbie said...

Congratulations Cameron .... to you and your husband *!*

Isn't it cute to watch little ones working out where and how a new baby will fit into their world order.

5/8/07, 6:23 AM  
Blogger fibby said...

Last week, I found a pregnancy test on top of the trash in M's bathroom, and an appointment for an ultrasound on the calendar next to the computer. I SWEAR I wasn't looking - these pieces of evidence were just out there, waiting to be found!

I think they must have forgot I was coming (or that I use their (one) bathroom when I'm there all day), because clearly it's before "telling time" for this kind of news. I feel so sneaky knowing, but I also get really happy every time I see M's mom (and really nervous for what a terror M will become when she has to share the spotlight!). Anyway, it made me think of you too.

5/9/07, 12:01 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Ha! That's pretty funny. I actually knew about Miss E long before they told me... for exactly the same reasons! Oh, the tangled lives of nannies!

5/9/07, 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home