Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This Year's Ark

So sick was I this weekend! I'm still not feeling quite right... I had one heck of a stomach virus. I'll spare y'all the details, but suffice it to say it was gross.

It spoiled by birthday dinner, and my birthday weekend plans, and I was CRANKY. Now, it's Tuesday, and instead of a quiet day with O, I get "sick" Miss E (more like overtired Miss E, but she gets to miss school for a hangnail, so what can I do? Ok, that was unfair... I'm just irked because O and I have a playdate with Fibby and M, and I don't want to listen to her whine...)

Could I grump a little more? Probably!

Let me complain about the weather, - it has been raining for 40 days and 40 nights. It's time for me to start taking applications for this year's Ark.

This year, MoMP's Ark is looking for folks especially talented in amusement, particularly the amusement of me. Also, any Animals, Two-By-Two are welcomed (save, of course, dogs, as Maurice and Amelie have filled those positions - all other dogs simply need to demonstrate a secondary talent to secure a place on the Ark), provided they sign the release form indicating that I'm not held responsible for any predator-prey activities onboard. Oh, and Lawyers, since those are always in plentiful supply!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Legal Blondie said...

So long as your ark doesn't have any snow sliding off its roof, Bailey the OCD Border Collie would like to apply to admission. He is quite talented in amusement -- though it is generally the amusement of himself and involves either cajoling a human to repeated throw a kong for him or tearing the fuzz off of tennis balls. What do you think?

4/17/07, 10:30 AM  
Blogger The Burger said...

The Burger would like to apply, simply for the chance to tear the fuzz off of a tennis ball. It's also one of my talents. I learned it from Bailey.

4/17/07, 12:59 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

As it is a tolerant Ark, Bailey and the Burger are accepted as a two-by-two, with defuzzing a tennis ball as their talent! Yay! I'm entertained already!

4/17/07, 2:19 PM  
Blogger AngelaNB said...

Hi there,
Are you feeling ill again? Sorry to hear that. How are you enjoying the weather? It really sucks.

I am feeling a bit better, but still not fully recovered. You don't want to hear the details!

Drop me an email soon.
Hope all is well.
Angela from NB, Canada

4/17/07, 4:59 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

Can I apply with two cups of ice cream? Is that trying to cheat the "two-by-two" rule?

4/17/07, 9:32 PM  
Blogger Kate the Great said...

If I eat Phoebe's other ice cream, does that count?

4/17/07, 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home