Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ten Years Ago...

I turn 30 in less than 24 hours. I'm mostly fine with this, but it does bring about my nostalgic side...

I remember my 20th birthday quite clearly, which is impressive, given the amount of alcohol (what?! underage?!) I consumed. There was a triple birthday party for myself, and pals Y and B, who were turning 19 and 21 - we were all in a row! I wore a red shirt and danced on a table! I had a pink stuffed lobster on my head and a bouquet of tulips perched in my cleavage. The party was in Frank and Glenn and Company's suite on 6th floor Milliken. There was SoCo... ooops.

It's strange to think that was 10 years ago. Sometimes, it still feels like yesterday. Those friends are mostly still in my life, though, and that is one of the things I treasure most. Of course, we're all quite respectable these days, more than a few married or shacked up, a kid or two running around... and we've buried one of our own, but I think that's what happens when you can tuck a decade of friendship between so many people into your pockets.

This weekend, I'll celebrate with some local friends, a small group of loved friends, and I'm sure I'll get sloppy and nostalgic about the early days of my friendships with them, too. 'Cause that's how I roll. Y'all know. (Thanks Purl for that one....)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home