Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Indecision Decided.

I posted yesterday about my indecision.

I voted this morning. I thought long and hard all last evening, and much of the early morning. Part of me wants to embrace the youthful ideology of the Obama camp, take a long swig of the koolaid, and jump on the bandwagon of charm, charisma, and change. Part of me craves a woman at the helm of this country. Part of me knows that "ambition" shouldn't be a four letter word when it's applied to a woman, but a trait you look for in a man. Part of me just sort of trusts the war hero in John McCain. A smidgeon of me thinks Mitt Romney just looks Presidential. Most of me is a afraid of a Baptist preacher running the country.

I voted this morning. And I felt like everywhere I turned there was someone who would scorn me for my choice, should they be able to see inside my head and know which way I voted.

Then, hours after my vote was cast, I read this article, courtesy of this blog. I'm not embarrassed (I regret that I was) anymore.

I voted this morning. I voted Democrat. I voted for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And I don't care if you don't like it. I probably don't like the way you voted either. Ain't democracy grand?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

you know? either way, the democratic candidate is going to be a historical one and a fresh one. and the important thing is that you DID vote. that is all that matters.

2/5/08, 6:49 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

thanks! if only the country had more of you :)

2/5/08, 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anybody but Romney. I would vote for my cats before I voted for Romney.

2/6/08, 11:39 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Hey, I think my pug might make a viable candidate. Maybe your cats would like to be a group running mate?

2/6/08, 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't know. Personally I voted for Obama, but I wanted to vote for Kucinich. Pity he'd dropped out by then.

I guess what I don't like about Hillary is that I see her as essentially cynical, which is a quality I don't care for in any gender, and which is endemic in today's politicians.

Oh, well. First election where I haven't felt like I was picking the lesser of two evils. The greater of two "ok"s has to be a step up.

I might vote for your pug. Who would say no if that face was the ambassador?

2/8/08, 11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello? Been eaten by a gnu? I feel you must surely have more cute baby pictures to upload by now...

missing you...

Also, I saw this:
http://xkcd.com/389/
and thought of you. :)

2/28/08, 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home