Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, January 24, 2008

In to the Lab

Sometimes I love what the kids imagine. Sometimes it makes me cringe. On rare occasions, it does both.

For instance, just a few minutes ago, Miss E headed off for the secret room (a small understairs closet off the 2nd floor bath that the kids use as a kind of club house, see this post for other references) with a doll she calls Sarah, and called out for O to come into "The Lab." O jumped up, and yelling, "Lab!" at the top of his lungs disappeared into the bathroom and under the stairs.

I called out, "Just try not to do too many experiments on your brother, OK?" as the door closed.

Yeesh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What else are brothers for?

(wise words from an older sister)

1/25/08, 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin and I used to bandage my little brother from head to toe, as she practised her future nursing career, then wander off leaving him unable to move! In my son's house, the area under the steps is called the "elf house".:)
samm

1/25/08, 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home