Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You Can Leave Your (Fire) Hat On

O cracks me up. Even when I'm determined to be annoyed with him.

He turned three in March and still shows no interest in the potty. I'm not sweating it for his sake, but with Felix here, I'm changing a lot of diapers. Also, and please excuse the indelicacy, there's a big difference between a three year old's poopy diaper and that of a six month old.

So, early this morning, I lined the boys up to change diapers, and O had pooped and not told me, which only amplifies the mess I have to clean up due to prolonged exposure to his tush. In response, I was trying the, "You're old enough for me to speak frankly to you. Poop goes in the toilet," line on him, only to have it fall on deaf ears. While he was already half undressed for clean up, I had him take off his jammy shirt, so we could put on clothes for the day. While I turned my attention, assembly line style, to Felix, O was left to his own devices.

When I turned back to him, I laughed so hard I cried. There he was, standing naked as a jaybird in his living room, with a plastic fireman's helmet on his head.

"I nudie," says he.

Indeed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

oh lordie! when the little chickadee i nanny for started training, she loved the fact that her bum was out there for the world to see. she would attempt a pee on the potty and after she was finished, she would go flying out of the bathroom sans pullup and scream "i'm nudie! i'm nudie!" and then try to con her way into wearing no pants for the rest of the day.

man, i wish we could do that and not look silly. :)

4/23/08, 5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My mother couldn't figure out for the longest time where the pee smell was coming from in our house. Finally she caught my newly toilet trained three year old brother peeing down the wooden grate in the floor, into the heating system!!! She asked him what he was doing, and he replied that he was "playing fireman". :O) But he didn't have a hat.

4/29/08, 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home