Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Of Bachelorettes and Brunch

Last weekend was a social one for me. Saturday night I went out with my cousin and her girlfriends for her bachelorette party. We started the night off with champagne at her house, then were taken into the city by black car. We had a cocktail at M Bar & Lounge before heading over to the Wine Cellar for fondue and wine. Three fondue courses later, with wine pairings and a champagne toast under our belts, we walked down the street to Match for a nightcap before catching cabs home.

It was the first time in almost two years that I've more than a glass of wine, and let me tell you, I'm not as young as I once was! This was especially evident at 6:30 when Felix woke up looking for his Mama. After some extra snoozing, I got the house tidied up and put together some food for our brunch company.

I made baked french toast, which for me, was like eating bread pudding for brunch. Yum! I also served a lemon cake with lemon curd, bacon, and homemade applesauce. I got to hang with my god-son, G, who is five and funny and clever and sweet, and miss when I don't see him for months on end.

After our friends left, Mark and Felix and I pretty much just collapsed. Then yesterday I had to head into work, and I was super pathetic. I fell asleep twice while nursing Felix during O's preschool stint. Mommy needs a vacation. Thank goodness I'm off from work until next week!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Oh so tasty brunchiness! Many thanks. Again. :-)

Also: much prefer new blog background. Found the other hard to read. This is most excellent!

11/25/08, 9:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Happy, happy brunchiness. Thank you for the dessert for lunch. It was "der-bish-us," as your godson likes to say.

11/25/08, 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home