Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Pregancy Meme from Facebook

It seems that memes are the new blog posts here at MoMP. This one is also pulled from Facebook. I got tagged by a few friends who are moms, so this is for them. If you could (understandably) care less about my pregnancy, come back tomorrow. Hopefully the content will be more to your liking.


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Were were thrilled. On the second try, no less!

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? When I got pregnant? 29. 30 when he was born.

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Pregnancy test to confirm it, but I had a feeling.

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Mark. Then my Mom.

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
I could have waited, but Mark really wanted to know, so we found out. I'm glad we did. It made some of our decisions much easier.

8. DUE DATE? Nov. 6

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Awful nausea for about eight weeks, then poof! I felt like a million bucks.

10. Cravings?
Watermelon and PB&J

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Being pestered about the name. We weren't telling!

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 25, and then another 6 in fluids in the last week due to hypertension, so 31.

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I did.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I helped pick the date.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? High blood pressure, pretty severe edema, and arthritis in my finger joints. All very manageable.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Brigham and Women's Hospital

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I'm not exactly sure. I had mild contractions for about 16 hours before my water broke, so mild that I didn't know I was having real contractions until my doctor explained it. 17 hours from water breaking to delivery, only about 40 minutes of pushing.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Mark.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Mark, my Mom, the nurse, and Dr. Greenberg.

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I did. I didn't necessarily come in wanting the drugs, but I was so worn down by contractions that the pain meds let me rest up for the pushing. Very worth it.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lbs. 12 oz.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? Nov. 8

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Felix Grayson

27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? just shy of 15 months

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home