Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break Goes Out Like A Mouse

Friday was my last day with all four kids home for spring break. As the older ones had comported themselves well for four days previous, I agree to take the whole gang to Chuck E. Cheese (because even privileged children love video games and bad pizza!) for lunch and entertainment. It was insane kinda nutty of me to attempt, but actually pretty fun in the end. J & E have finally gotten old enough to be fairly self sufficient and even helpful, and O and Felix are little enough to manage, especially with support from the older kids.

I learned that Felix will happily eat the cheese off anyone's pizza, that he likes riding the car rides, and that he's going to be one heck of a skeeball player. Miss E can eat an entire free bag of cotton candy in about 2 minutes flat, and while Big Brother J can burn through tokens like nobody I know, he's also a great assistant to the nanny. He was happy to stay with the little boys while I used the restroom (peeing alone! quel luxury!) or to wrangle his little brother in for food and potty breaks. He's a good kid.

I barely saw the other three, as they busied themselves with games and the acquisition of tickets. They each had about 75 tokens to play with. I wrangled them in for pizza and ice cream, and again to tally the tickets and pick out prizes. In the end, everyone got to bring home a prize and I was rewarded with happy, tired children for a few hours following.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect kid day!!! :) samm

3/30/09, 3:24 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

they give away cotton candy for free? I need to find me a chuck e. cheese!

3/30/09, 4:16 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Emma actually won a "free cotton candy" certificate from one of the games. I won two more later, but I told them they could redeem them the next time we go. Too. Much. Sugar.

3/30/09, 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home