Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, January 08, 2010

Orion Victorian! Go Check It Out!

I have, from time to time, posted about Mark's progress on the house. Various projects are underway, but nothing that's finished enough for a post (save one, but that's for another day). Over our five years here, I've developed a healthy appreciation for real life home remodeling (as opposed to the foolishness you see on This Old House, or anything on HGTV or DIY). It doesn't hurt that I married an exceptionally talented carpenter/general contractor...

But for today, I turn your eyes towards a friend of mine, and her new home adventure in Michigan.

She's wonderful, they're adorable, and I can't wait to see the soon-to-be three of them settle into and make their mark on their new home!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alta Boover said...

awww, Thanks! :)

Drake is leaving his mark on the bathroom wallpaper right now.

And by that I mean scraping through at least 50 years of wallpaper, texture treatments and paint...

1/8/10, 5:17 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Good thing you clarified "making his mark" on the bathroom wallpaper... ::giggle... snort... hahaha::

1/8/10, 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful old house! I'm excited to see what Drake and Alta Marie do to it, to make it their home. It's got tons of potential. I am a bit foggy as to the staircase issue. :) It's hard to picture where it is, and how it could be changed. I'll be watching your blog, Alta Marie! We just moved too, and are ripping painting and reorganizing. Have fun with it! samm

1/9/10, 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home