Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pooh's Thotful Spot

Winnie-the-Pooh really knew how to go about things. When he needed to think, he went to his Thotful Spot. Being a bear of Very Little Brain, thinking came hard to him (his intuition and general character made up for his intellectual shortcomings, real or imaginary), and I suppose having a spot made it easier to focus.

I think I need such a spot right now.

Still no job, but there's an interview coming up. I'm not especially optimistic, but I'm glad to have the opportunity to peddle my wares, as it were. I'm just not that enthusiastic about going back to nannying, but I feel very hemmed in my circumstances. I've been writing some, and I like doing it, but I'm going to need a jolt of mojo or something if I'm going to be able to take myself seriously. Also, I need to bring in some money while I'm writing and peddling that, if that's the direction I'm going in, but what to do, if not what I've proven I'm good at? Ugh! It seems I'm between a toddler and a unemployed place.

It's hard to stay focused as the time without a job to go to stretches out further. I want to find that spark of give-em-hell I had when I was young and stupid. I seem to have misplaced it along the way.

Although secretly, ok, maybe not so secretly, I just want to curl up here in our cozy house and have another pot of hunny.

If anyone has inspirations for a thotful spot, please let me know... I'll be playing Poohsticks and posting resumes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger craftosaurus said...

No suggestions for a spot, per se, but I can tell you what I did when I was reaching that place of frustration and despair. I thought of what I would most like to do in the whole wide world, if I could choose from anything, and I started working toward it. That plan isn't what I ended up with (because another opportunity presented itself, and it makes more sense for me right now) but putting in that effort helped me stay motivated and energized and not crying all the live long day.

Good luck to you!

11/13/09, 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cam, I know this is an older post but I had a thought. When we were girls you would follow the brook at your parents out to that great big cliff in the woods. Recently, I brought Dylan out to my much smaller cliff to shows him a special place from my childhood. Perhaps a little trip out to that spot might clear you head & remind you of the passion the girl you were once had? For me it was wonderful to look back w/ adult eyes on a special place from my childhood. We are going to the res next... Katie

11/30/09, 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home