Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, August 28, 2009

Time for Some Change

I lost my job.

There's no better word for it. After a summer fraught with uncertainty, filled with missed opportunities to actually discuss the changes affecting the family in the autumn, and following an unresolved salary negotiation, the Bosses decided to go in a different direction. With six weeks notice.

It's a hell of a way to round out a two part, eight-years-out-of-the-last-ten stint in loco parentis.

I find myself in my early thirties with no real life experience, and a toddler who requires constant feeding and looking after. I feel like a complete failure.

To say that I am devastated and terrified is a gross understatement.

I know there are lots of people worse off than me. Way worse off. And yet, I still can't quite wrap my head around what to do next. So, I've been brainstorming. I have a few ideas, tiny germs of ideas. One of them is that I should change up the format of this here bloglet. I've said that I think it's stale, and perhaps it needs to be about something else... I still enjoy the process of putting thoughts out there, but I'm smart enough to know when to say when.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. You'll miss those children, I'll bet! And a steady pay. Could you find another similar situation? I have a feeling many are looking for an experienced person like you.Especially as school is just getting underway again. Would the family give you a super wonderful recommendation? Probably. I think the first decision is whether you want to continue to do that kind of work. I'm sending a hug your way, hoping it will help a wee bit. samm

8/28/09, 4:35 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

You are an amazing woman with many talents, a smart brain, and a good heart. You will, somehow or another, land on your feet. How that happens and where you land is yet to be seen, but know that there are many of us out here to support you in your journey. xoxo

P.S. My word verification word was "phessie". Not sure what it means, but I like that it started with a "ph".

8/28/09, 10:48 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

CDG--Every door closed is another door open. This is best opportunity you could have to do whatever you want to do! :)

9/10/09, 7:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am sorry to hear about your job, but I must beg to differ on the front that you have no real life experience. I would say raising 3 kids is a HUGE LOT of life experience. You should be proud of what you have accomplished so far and not feel like a failure at all. I'm sure you will do wonders in the future whether it's in this field or something completely different. Good luck!

9/28/09, 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home