Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Sunday, November 08, 2009

My Friends Tigger & Pooh, the Super Sleuth Cake

Yesterday we celebrated Felix's birthday, and as he is an afficionado of the Playhouse Disney animated series, My Friends Tigger & Pooh (warning, if you love AA Milne and Ernest Shepard, do NOT click on the link), I did his cake based on the colors and "Super Sleuth" logo favored by the show. Add some birthday candles and a set of figurines I picked up on sale at the Disney Store, and we have a cake with toppers you can keep and play with!

The recipes are all from The Whimsical Bakehouse, by Kaye and Liv Hansen, one of my favorite books on cakes. I did 10" tilted "mini" birthday cake, with chocolate butter cake, cookies and cream filling and vanilla Italian buttercream. Yum!


Looks like a success to me!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure does look like a success!!! Look at that grin! The cake is wonderful! I always like decorations that turn into toys. :) Happy birthday, Felix! samm

11/9/09, 1:42 PM  
Blogger Alta Boover said...

Look at that happy boy :)

11/10/09, 11:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like he loved the cake!

11/17/09, 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home