Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Wagon Came 'Round Again, So I'm Climbing Back On

Do you ever have the feeling there's a zamp in the lamp? No wait... That was Felix's naptime story... (Yay Dr. Seuss!) I've been in a decline since the whole job thing exploded on me, and it's physical, too. I've put on more weight, I'm more out of shape... I'm too broke to join a gym or go back to WW meetings, so I've let it slide. Bad idea, right?

Well, I found a free site for food journaling (something, which I know doesn't work for everyone, but it very much works for me), and registered myself. I've spent a lot of my free time today getting it set up, and documenting my meals and activity. I even hauled myself out and spent an hour and a half raking the lawn (more tomorrow! love those leaves!), which was nice, because Felix and I, and the dogs, could be outside, and I was still getting a workout.

I'm going to try it for a week, and reevaluate its usefulness. I'll report in on that here, in the name of full(ish) disclosure. Wish me luck.

Also, I might have some more interviews... fingers crossed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy Zamore said...

Yay! Glad you're back on the wagon. Tracking my food always worked wonders for me too. I also found a website that can help you figure out what your calorie burn on any given day -- http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Good luck!

11/18/09, 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home