Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, September 19, 2008

What Passes for An Update

Basically, as a blogger, these days I suck. This suckage melancholy has been seeping into all forty million facets of my personality in the last few weeks, and I was afraid of sounding like the maternal version of a weepy tween's diary:

Dear Diary, I am a terrible mother and my sweet baby has become a raging firemonster. If I were my husband I wouldn't love me 'cuz I am fat and tired and grumpy all the time. My house is totally gross. Things may never get better. Ever. love 4-eva, CDG


Like. Eeeeew.

So, to catch anyone up who might still be checking on me (like the shut-in of a blogger that I have become), here's what my facebook status updates have been since I last posted:

CDG is FREE!!!!!
CDG and Felix just got back from Dutchess County.
CDG remembered to refill her birdfeeder. Greedy birds!
CDG had to actually go to work today. For. Real.
CDG sent the big kids back to school day. Hooray!
CDG is tired of her late summer cold.
CDG is watching a movie!
CDG is avoiding the dirty dishes.
CDG is watching Felix toss his breakfast on the floor.
CDG is playing computer while the kids sleep.
CDG just scored a sweet deal!
CDG is entertained.
CDG is awake. Felix doesn't understand weekends.
CDG is paying bills. Blech.
CDG is going nuh-nights.
CDG is trying to figure out what Felix might eat...
CDG is making pizza.
CDG is Googling locations for Jack's baseball season.
CDG is shopping for a cute and comfy pair of sport mary janes. It's harder than it sounds.
CDG is listening to Felix's *beautiful* song.
CDG is finally blogging again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee.
weepy tween's diary

(I expect to be where you are in another ~5 months. Hang in there, for whatever that's worth...)

::hugs::

9/19/08, 12:40 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

I've been following the FB updates, but it was kind of fun to see them all in one place.

Glad you're back. :-)

9/20/08, 1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww....I'm sending you a hug. You sound as if you truly need one!!! I think it is an affliction of most mums sometimes, this whole time when everything is just wrong. It'll pass, and I know 'cause I've been there! Hugs for you, friend.
samm

9/21/08, 7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I think every mom goes through this very dark time at some point in the first year. It's one thing to tell someone that you were up all night,but it really doesn't do justice to what it is like to live it. You'll have your sweet, happy angel back soon (and jusy FYI- I'm not sure I believe you. I've never seen that child cry!)

9/22/08, 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home