Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Woolapalooza!

Yesterday, Felix & I went to Drumlin Farm, in Lincoln, for Woolapalooza. I'd never been before, so it was a treat. I didn't even know it was going on until I got an update in my feed reader from New England Fiber. I packed up the kiddo and departed. We were totally winging it. No plan, no provisions, no schedule. We just took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went. Such spontaneity!! Even the drive was lovely and low key, all along secondary roads north and east through Wayland and Lincoln.

It was especially nice to do something fun and out of the ordinary with just Felix. Usually, our major outings involve at least one of the Bosses' kids. Not that that's a bad thing, it's just a pleasant change. We went at a slow pace, didn't worry about seeing everything, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Felix got to pet a horse, he saw cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens. He practiced his hand-holding and walking. We shared a bowl of lamb chili (made from lamb and veggies grown on the farm!) and a chocolate cookie. When Felix got tired, we left.

As an aside, I didn't buy a single skein of yarn, despite a "vintage" colorway of Fleece Artist sock yarn for a mere $19... I'm still a little wistful...

When we got home, Mark was home from work, and game to take the rest of the day off from the house, so we took Felix to the neighborhood playground for some swings and sliding, then after a family nap time, we went for early dinner at Legal Seafood.

Good day, all around!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird - I think everyone I knew was there, but somehow I didn't manage to run into any of you. It's not that big a farm!!

4/5/09, 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home