Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Saturday, April 17, 2010

What Do You Guys Think?

Inspired by my recent decision to actually finish the romance novel I started at the end of last summer, I was toying with the idea of devoting a week of the blog to the Real Life Romance Novel.

For me, the best romances:

  • are well written and edited.
  • have believable and engaging characters.
  • only push the limits of real life so far. Paranormals and sci-fi have their own rules, and they're not my genre. This one goes back to believable characters, too.
  • make you fall in love with both main characters a little bit.
  • show you a glimpse of a life that could be real.
  • get you in the mood for some Real Life Romance

So, would you all run away if, for five days, I turn one scene from real life (we'll keep it G-rated, this is a *family* blog) into a scene from a contemporary romance novel? Just as an experiment. For five days. Then, I'll return to regularly scheduled programming. Like goofy toddler pictures and culinary rambling. Promise.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alta Boover said...

Do it!
I was just going to log on to say what a blogging machine you've been lately. I love it, as I am out of TV to watch and this baby is never coming. :)

4/17/10, 9:30 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I will read your romance writing where ever I can get it, hon! Write 'er up!

4/18/10, 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home