Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, May 03, 2010

Blog Post, Interrupted: A Breakfast Tale

I fired up Blogger Dashboard this morning feeling al kinds of post-y (postal? no... that's wrong), but then life happened.

Felix wanted yogurt for breakfast. Okay. He only likes lemon and vanilla yogurt, so I ask him which one.

"What kind of yogurt, sweet pea?"

"Reg-ler kind,"

"Which flavor is regular?" I ask. I am foolish sometimes, despite this not being my first time at the toddler rodeo.

"Reg-LER!" he bellows at me, as if I am am inbecile.

I choose the vanilla cup. I show it to him.

"No-OHHHHH-oooooo-OOOOOH!" he wails, tearing up and grimacing like a Carnivale mask.

"Ohhhhkay, then. Lemon," I offer tentatively.

"Lemon," he says with a sunshiney smile. He climbs into his booster seat, grabs the proffered spoon and digs in. Between bites, he says, "Can I have my bite-min?"

I pause at the cabinet, hand on the Berkley & Jensen gummy-vitamin bottle.

"Please, Mama?" he asks, still shoveling Stonyfield's lemon into his face.

I give him the vitamin, grab a yogurt to have with him, and sit down.

"Can I have a waffle wif my wohgurt?"

What blog post?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger KLZ said...

Oh, wohgurt is so cute. My son isn't even old enough to say anything yet and you've made me want another one.

Admittedly, that's not hard to do.

5/3/10, 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waht a lovey he is. :) I adore little kids. Wish I could meet him! samm

5/3/10, 11:32 PM  
Blogger KLZ said...

Yo, I can't find your email address so...

My post is finally up here: http://www.bellebeanchicagodog.com/2010/04/lady-blogger-society-guest-post.html

5/4/10, 12:43 PM  
Blogger KLZ said...

Ok, somehow it ate part of my comment. My post is here: http://www.ourmommyhood.com/2010/05/04/food-fight/

The other link is a how to to turn your email on if you'd like so I can email you back instead of taking over your blog like this. Or you can get a hold of me at taminginsanity {at} ymail.com

5/4/10, 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Kris said...

Shared wohgurt with adorable son is waaaay better than posting to blog. But, wait! You also posted adorable story . . . way to go, you!

5/5/10, 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home