Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, April 28, 2006

I Am A Lemming

Or am I a sheep? Apparently I'll follow anyone. Thanks to Veronique and Ari for the much needed break from negative thinking.

Simple pleasures was the theme of Ari's Blog today (he did a top ten list), so I thought I'd stop and consider some, myself...
(In no particular order)
~My pug's ears.
~Lilacs in bloom
~Baby laughs, particularly O's
~Rereading a beloved novel
~Songs with a strong tie to good memories
~A snowstorm on a day when you have nowhere to go
~Clean sheets, clean me, clean Mark
~Sunny mornings in the Public Gardens
~Coming in and getting a hug when I get home from work
~5th gear on an empty stretch of road

There are more... but that's enough to clear out the cobwebs.

Mark's back is strained, but ok. We will escape forclosure and repossession for another little while! (OK, it's not really that bad, but the prospect of him being out of work longterm is a little scary) OK, off to the treadmill for me. Must keep up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDG, how could you leave out GANGRENE on your list of happy thoughts? (sorry everyone; this is a very old inside joke)

big hug-
y

4/30/06, 12:02 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

God, Y, you're right. Just reading the word in the comment was enough to elicit a laugh... Oho! GANGRENE! Now I'm going to spend the day thinking about Frank's desk-blotter poems he used to leave for me.... and the blessed Shorts of the Jungle.... and Eliz & El's names spelled in tinsel garland *all year*!

4/30/06, 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home