Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Saddest Mac

The Mac Gods decided I needed a lesson in hubris or some shit like that, and on Tuesday my beloved little iBook fell from the table. It was a mixture of my missing the depth perception thing and putting it down too close to the edge and the Fates giving it a nugde, but there you have it. The hinge is cracked and the (... um what was the word Adam at The Apple Store called it?) bezel (sp?) needs replacing...

Apparently this repair would cost me most of the price of a brand new MacBook if I let the central repair depot do it, so that's not an option. I've been on the phone with my insurance company, my credit card company, Apple, and now I'm off to try to get a quote from an authorized repair place in Allston.

That, and having all three monkeys home and going to camps all week, has been the reason for my blogging delinquency.

I want my iBook back!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Burger said...

Yikes! There's nothing worse. And no greater fear for me and my powerbook than the dreaded edge of the table...prediction: authorized repair place costs the same as the central depot, and you wind up buying a new macbook. Worse things have happened. But still. Shitballs.

7/14/06, 2:41 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Estimates are coming in in the $250-$300 range from the repair guys - the upside to the fall is that the hard drive/logic board/display are all intact and functional... just a structural matter, so they tell me. ::sigh::

7/14/06, 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home