Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What I'm finding most difficult today is the way the world around me sometimes echoes what's in my head... like this morning in the car on the way to work. I was replaying my last conversation with him (which incidentally was four months ago over Thai food in Allston) looking for clues. I know I shouldn't, but find me someone who can lose a friend this way without wondering if they could have helped... There just weren't any clues in that conversation. His pain was that deeply buried. And suddenly the opening strains of "Everybody Hurts" were swamping me, and I'm crying in my car, in rush hour on the Mass Pike.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never know the right thing to say to someone who has lost a dear friend or relative. I've not been through it myself so saying I understand sounds hollow. But I sympathize, and if there's anything I can do to help, you know where to find me.

Laura

6/29/06, 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home