Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The waiting is over. I know now what has become of my friend. He committed suicide this past weekend. Apparently the demons he was fighting became too overwhelming. I wish there had been some way to help... It makes me furious to think that in an age like ours, where there are so many advances in medicine, therapy, and liberal thinking, that stigma and taboo force someone who is troubled and knows this about himself to end his own life, rather than have to suffer in fear and silence.

His parents lost a son, his sister lost her brother. So many people have lost a treasured friend.

There should be a safe haven for those who need help, no matter what the damage to their soul. Think of the lives that could be saved and the crimes headed off before they were committed...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home