Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, February 26, 2007

Do I Love New York?

I don't think so... Manhattan makes me tired, and my skin breaks out, and when the 1 Subway downtown isn't picking up passengers from 72nd to 42nd streets, getting from the Loncoln Center area to Grand Central becomes far more of a trial than it ought to be.

I went to NY to celebrate the birth of a friend's daughter, and while I was there, I stayed with my college roommate, and had dinner with an old friend from high school. It wa nostalgic and happy and cool! My friend's daughter is beautiful, and I got to hold her and feed her and sniff her forehead - baby lust fulfilled is a beautiful thing!

By the time I got home last night, I was beginning to think that I been away for 100 years, like Rip van Winkle in a V-Dub...

I drove to Stamford, CT on Saturday afternoon, took the Metro North into Grand Central, walked 9 blocks south to my friend Nikki's apartment, we took the subway to the 20s and had supper at a pub, then subwayed back up to her place. From there, I walked over to Penn Station, and hopped the NJTransit to Liz's place.

Thank the cosmos for high thread-count cotton sheets and squashy pillows! I slept like a baby.

In the morning, back on the NJTransit and the subway to Lincoln Center, and walking another few blocks to the baby shower that was the point of my whirlwind trip to NY.

After going north to go south on the f'ed up 1 line, I finally got back on a train and headed back to CT to fetch my car... I was running so late, though, that we had to postpone our interview with the potential dog walker...

::sigh::

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home