Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

February 13th, Part Deux. Oh, and It's a Snow Day!

For the kids, anyway. For me, it's just a day home with all three kids. Meh. As you can see, the roads were a mess this morning. It's hardly Oswego County, NY, here, but even on a bad traffic day, it doesn't take an hour and twenty minutes to travel the 23.2 miles from my driveway to the parking garage. It was slushy and wet and ... it snowed out the flight on which our puppy was supposed fly!

(OK, that was just me catching the whining bug from the kids...)

Both in the windshield and in the rearview mirror, note the lack of any other cars on the road. This was a deceivingly quiet moment, occurring about a mile after I passed the plows on the Pike. They slowed all the rest of the traffic after them, leaving those of us ahead of them to gain a few miles of road. It all caught up a few minutes later.

The kids have been rattling around all day, bored senseless because they can't go outside in the sleet and freezing rain. The best work they've done all day was to build a fort with their Cranium fort building set. It's a pretty awesome toy, should you have the kind of house that lacks pillows, kitchen chairs, and old sheets from your parents' bed. That was how my bro and I rolled. Yo.

It is also Valentine's Day, for those of you who observe it. Mark and I skip it in favor of acknowledging that we love each other the rest of the days of the year. He may not bring me flowers, but he does bring me the odd Vosges Haut Chocolat Naga Bar from Whole Foods just cause he saw them and remembers they're my favorite!

The kids got a visit from one grandmother, and a balloon delivery from the other. My Mom used to make Red Dinner. Steak, salad with catalina dressing, beets... Pasta with red sauce... There were many versions of Red Dinner over the years.

I did cast on for the front panel of the sweater. I finished the first sleeve yesterday. Just shy of half done... I might even get it done before the weather gets warm again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! Has it already been 2 weeks since I last saw you and you told me she was coming???

OMG, I am so so so excited.

2/15/07, 12:25 PM  
Blogger Legal Blondie said...

does she have a name yet?

2/15/07, 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home