Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Luxury Nanny's Aesthetician

Yesterday the rest of Boston was paralyzed by fear of subway terror from Ted Turner, but here at MoMP it was Miss E's weekely half-day Wednesday, when she's home from Kindergarten by noon, and we have all afternoon to persue girlish activities. This week, E wanted to play hair salon, and as she's matured considerably in this particular vein of play since the last time I wrote of it, I agreed.

She has, in fact, gotten quite good at hair brushing, etc... So I settled into my seat and let her go. She must have brushed my hair for 20 minutes - oh, bliss! She then says to me, "C, do you have any face lotion?"

I answered warily, not quite understanding her motivation, that I did have some in the guest bathroom. She raced off to get it, warbling, "You need a fay-faysh-fayshah... a face massage!"

She preceded to carefully dab moisturizer on my forehead and cheeks and massage it in, finally declaring, "There. Now your skin is nice and soft."

Career of the day? Aesthetician. Definitely.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Is that what y'all call working down south in Beantown?

;-D

2/1/07, 1:41 PM  
Blogger Legal Blondie said...

...says the guy who showers at noon and works in the back bedroom in his sweat pants.

:-P

2/1/07, 2:26 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Noon? Only if I have to!

2/1/07, 3:33 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

I'm in - who do I call for an appointment!?

2/2/07, 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home