Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, January 22, 2007

O Weekend, How Thou Art Gone!

This weekend seems to have flown by, barely giving me time to come to grips with the week that passed before - and it was a long week that passed before....

Friday night we were (typically) too tired to do more than veg on the couhc for a few hours. Saturday, Mark worked a full day, leaving me to "accomplish something." I started with my WW meeting (eugh.), where I knitted more of the black and gray socks, then a meeting with another prospective MiddKid at Starbucks (no one even asked for my name - boo!), then off to the Natick Mall to replenish my undies, and then up to Sudbury to check out a new LYS, Knit Purl, that I found on the internets. Sadly, Knit Purl doesn't seem to have a website. However, what they lack in technological advancements, they make up for in yummy stock. The only disappointment was that they didn't have the Big Kureyon that I was looking for. In fact, they didn't seem to have any Noro at all....

Anyway, that problem was solved later in the evening, because I found another colorway that will work for my sweater, and I ordered sufficient hanks from yarnmarket.com.

I spent a kickin' Saturday night with the kids, babysitting while M&D were throwing a party at a fancy club in Downtown Xing. I didn't get in until 1AM, and since the pug's breakfast waits for no man, we were up fairly early on Sunday. I had a bazillion loads of laundry to do, Mark was updating his shop, and there is always housework that needs doing, so that occupied us until it was time to head into JP for the Pats game.

Sad. That's all I'll say.

During the game, we also found out that one of Mark's aunts is very ill, and may not survive the week. It's especially difficult, I think, for Mark, though he's not saying so, since he and his next youngest brother were very close to her as children. My mother-in-law is bearing up well under the strain, but I can't imagine the heartache of losing a younger sister. It turns out to be good timing that I have some time off coming to me at the end of the week. I'll be able to at least offer some help...

After another late night, the alarm clock was pretty unwelcome this morning, but at least O&I have had an agreeable and easy morning...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home