Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Unabashed Addiction

I have, on needles currently, two projects. One, a large gifty project, which is not challenging, but is very time consuming. The other is a pair of socks, one of which can be found in yesterday's post.

I am already planning....

I found a free pattern for a cozy turtleneck sweater. I found this Noro Big Kureyon colorway while cruising yarn sites, and I have a big crush... Trouble is, it's about $15 per hank, and I need about 9 to make the sweater, so I'll have to save up. ::sigh::

I also saw a crocheted stuffed rabbit on a website recently, and loved the look of it, so I'm writing up a provisional pattern. I figure that by the time I get the kinks worked out of that, and actually get it knit up, it'll be Christmas knitting time again! I think for the prototype, anyway, I'll use something inexpensive. I've had my eye on Paton's Shetland Chunky Tweeds at the craft store, and it would suit this project.

Of course, all of this distracts from the actual knitting of the current projects to a certain degree, so I must get back to the socks at hand (or afoot, I suppose?).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

OOH! OOH! SOOOOO glad you posted about knitting because I found THIS today (thanks to a handy link from the Boston Globe):

http://www.subwayknitter.com/2007/01/commuters_secret_wea.html

OMG I've GOT to have some! (And I don't even take the T that often!)

1/19/07, 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home