Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Another Saturday in Suburbia; also, My Fibby Moment

This morning I went to the Starbucks at Whole Foods Plaza in Framingham to meet with a prospective Middlebury student. In a very Fibby-esque moment, when I picked my latte up at the counter, this was the name on my cup (and I swear I said my given name!):

I like these interviews. It lets me feel connected to the campus, and like I’m giving something back to the school. I know a lot of people say I shouldn’t feel that way, since my family paid for me to attend the school, but the truth is, Middlebury funded a great deal of my education - give or take 5/6th of it. It's not that I feel beholden to them, but I do like the sense of "making good" on their investment...

After the interview, I did some household provisioning, and headed home for another weekend cook-a-thon. On today's menu: cauliflower in tomato curry, chicken soup with rice, spaghetti sauce, and macaroni & cheese.

My reward for all this foolishness in the kitchen was dinner at the local Cantina and a cup of Ben&Jerry's for dessert - cause my man loves me!

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Mark's cousin's baby shower at noon, followed by the Pats game at our house with L&T, my brother-in-law, and maybe some others... Fibby? You in? or are you in Maine?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger fibby said...

Kevin... Really!? Did they LOOK at you?! Hear your voice?! That is truly AWESOME.

Up in Maine for my last weekend of freedom, so no game at your place tomorrow, but I found my knitting while unpacking the final boxes from the move (yes I moved here back in August, no comments, please) and apparently I started a hat that would be nice to finish this winter, so we should have a knitting party sometime soon.

1/13/07, 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home