Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Juice, Toothpaste, and A Monkey

O likes to pretend to go shopping. He slings on a bag, grabs his primary-colored play grocery cart, asks for imaginary money, and heads off. He likes it when I tell him what he should buy. This morning, I said, "O, what are you going to get at the store?"

He said, "Juice."

I added, "And toothpaste?" He nodded, "Uh huh."

I added, "And a monkey?" He nodded, "Uh huh."

It reminded me of an old Sesame Street skit with a kid going to the store for milk, and a stick of butter, and something else... It was a long time ago.

He came back in a few minutes later, and when I asked him, "Did you find everything at the store? Juice, toothpaste, and a monkey?" he said, "Uh huh."

I wonder did he go to pretend Super WalMart? Where else can you find all of those items?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was a loaf of bread. a loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter. WHY do I still remember that, I don't know... but not nearly as cool as the me and my llama song. (Kate, of course)

5/22/07, 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home