Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, June 18, 2007

Buttercup is Marry Humperdinck in Little Less Than Half an Hour


OK, Blogketeers, I know I've been kind of an absentee diarist lately, but I have nothing to say on my own defense, save that I just wasn't feeling like it.

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

My Dad's been in the hospital a few times over the last six weeks. Apparently, he had a heart attack sometime last year and didn't know it... Only my dad... So, he had angioplasty (had an angioplasty? I'm not a cardiologist, I don't know) to put stents into six arteries, and there was a balloon pump helping his heart recover, and while they tell me he was fine, and that after he recovers from the procedure he'll feel better than he has in a long while, it was, and is, still scary.

My brother cut his hand badly enough to have to be airlifted to Baltimore for emergency surgery to insure that he didn't lose a few fingers. My Mom's been down to Maryland several times to help out with Rylee while Jamie and Dy are working and in school.

I've been knitting like a fiend, and spending way too much time online researching baby stuff. In fact, I discovered the Britax Vigour and Companion combination online, and afer much online research, decided it might just be the stroller and infant seat for me. Well, then I realized that no one keeps a floor model of half the strollers on the market, including this one.

Well, I finally found a floor model - in Berlin, Connecticut (yes, it's outside of Hartford...), so, on Saturday, I shanghaied my Mom, and we went to check it out. So begins the baby-stuff lust.

My photo blog has suffered a similar fate of late, since carrying camera just ceased to be something on my radar for a while there. I do have some backlog to upload. And one of these days I might actually do it.

The kids are doing great. O is being evaluated by a team of speech therpists, so hopefully a solution (or at least a game plan) is on the horizon. J&E are now on their way to the third and first grades, which reminds me that I'm coming up on 8 years of nannying (yes, with interruptions, but still, eight years!).

So, there's what I can think of from the last two weeksish... I hope I haven't alienated my four readers for good... Though that probably wouldn't stop me from posting. Even if a few weeks go by between posts.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You actually have 5 daily readers C.D.D.G. Please give our best to your dad and your brother and wishes for a speedy recovery from Matt, myself and my parents.We will be thinking of them.

Katie

6/18/07, 3:05 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

Oof - I only knew about the nearly-fingerless brother. I had no idea about your dad. Glad to hear they're both ok (and how does someone have a heart attack and not know it?) (and how can they tell he had a heart attack a year ago?)

Glad you're back, MOMP - this reader missed you.

6/18/07, 10:16 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Feebs, to answer that question, I'd need to have gotten the cardiology degree... but in layman's terms, his heart has scar tissue from the infarction and that is the indicator of trauma to the muscle - i assume the time frame is just since his last physical in 2006, before they found the elevated blood pressure and did the ECG and found the scarring.

Yipes.

6/19/07, 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home