Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Traffic Patterns and Seasonal Shifts, also, The Weekend

My 35-40 minute commute took an hour this morning, must mean Labor Day has come and gone...

It was quite the weekend, here at MoMP. I kicked off the holiday with an errand run that took me to Fabric Place in Framingham, in search of T pins for my sweater blocking project. I left with two skeins of Noro Kochoran in different colorways that I got for %30 off. Whoops. No more yarn!!!!

Saturday afternoon I spent at the Spencer Fair with Rylee, who tore a swath through the midway and the carnival rides, before devouring a soft serve cone, and checking out the agricultural elements of the fair. She was most impressed by the variety of poultry and barnyard animals, and by the first prize winning 696 pound pumpkin in the Cattle Barn.

Sunday, I drove up to Brattleboro, VT, to visit with my dear friend, Judy, who was in town visiting from DC (a much shorter drive to VT than DC for me, after all). We went with her sister, brother-in-law, and nephew to the Annual Labor Day Festival at the Friends of Music at Guilford, where we ate, relaxed (I started a scarf with my new discount yarn!), and listened to some fairly good festival orchestra renditions of Gershwin, Schubert, and others. It was a lovely afternoon, and oh-so-Vermonty.

Monday was, in fact, a Labor Day. I cleaned the kitchen, cabinet doors and all, did about a month's worth of shopping, and made the first of two blocking boards, in order to kick off the holiday knitting season in good speed.

During all of this, Mark switched the electrical service to an upgraded 200 amps, framed in the bathroom/office wall, installed a bunch of ducting and venting for the bathroom and office, and adjusted for the crooked ceiling (ie: the crooked floors on the second floor) in the bathroom, to accommodate said ducting and venting. Pictures soon!

I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend, and that summer is only nominally over. I, for one, would like to hold on until the 21st!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home