Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Saints Day

Hallowe'en has come and gone on the Hill, and all I can say is:

Holy Candy!

I love Hallowe'en on Beacon Hill. This often stodgy and reserved neighborhood embraces this holiday like no other. People throw open their gardens and foyers to show off fog machines, spooky music, fantastically elaborate ghouls, lighting schemes, baskets laden with full-sized candy bars...

I always stay late for the Trick or Treating, and last night was no exception, though I did bag out a little earlier than usual, on account of a sore back and hips. The kids looked great, and the boys had a rollicking good time. Miss E sometimes gets a little overwhelmed by the tromping around, and tends to be a little complainey, but even she put forth a great effort in the beginning.

I must say, though, that O took the cake as Hedwig to Big Brother J's Harry Potter. There's nothing cuter than a pre-schooler in a full body animal costume!

Welcome to November, Month of the Baby, chez MoMP. If you're tired of BabyWatch 2007, please stop reading for a few weeks, since once my maternity leave starts after work on Friday, this blog is likely to contain potentially toxic levels of BabyMania. Eeek. Nothing to do except prepare for and wait for the baby, have the baby, gush about the baby, etc. Blech.

I'm just sayin', is all.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Burger said...

And I say: Bring on the Baby Mania!

11/1/07, 2:07 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

Been there; done that; got the t-shirt. ;-P

It'll be much more fun watching someone else deal with it all!

11/1/07, 5:21 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

Wahoo! for Babywatch! I'm in. Bring it on!

11/1/07, 9:33 PM  
Blogger brushfiremedia said...

You must be done with work; let the babywatch commence!

11/2/07, 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home