Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Friday, March 14, 2008

Answering the Challenge: A Meme

A gauntlet was thrown, by my pal over at Baptism of Fiber, to complete a high school related meme. I accept the challenge, and will divulge the secret horrors of my high school career (be forewarned, many of my answers will be the same as the original post on BoF, I left those answers in italic):

1. Did you date someone from your school?
I did. Jason and I "went out" for a few months freshman year. It was sweet, and strange, and I'm proud to say I wasn't his last girlfriend! That honor went to someone else.

2. Did you win anything in Seniors' Who's Who?
I don't remember, but I might have been the Teddy Bear... or was that Gil? or maybe we both were?

3. What kind of car did you drive?
1987 Subaru GL Wagon in metallic red. God, I loved that death trap. Her name was Ruby Sue.

4. It's Friday night...where are you?
After rehearsal, I was at Tatnuck Bookseller (RIP) having coffee and Kentucky Derby Pie with [Ari], Jason, and Naomi.

5. Were you a party animal?
Absolutely not.

6. Were you considered a flirt?
I doubt it. I wasn't very sure of myself around the boys....

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Chorus and the Academy Singers.

8. Were you a nerd?
Most definitely.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Never

10. Can you sing the fight song?
I've forgotten the rather archaic stanzas, but the melody of the chorus is in my head right now (Oskeewowwow, WA...)

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
Ms. Cotton, Ms. Gould, Mr. Shainheit, Mr. Bloom, and Mr. Duemmel)

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the cafeteria, somewhere near the clock

13. What was your school's full name?
Worcester Academy

14. School mascot?
A goat..oh, sorry. a "hilltopper"
I actually think it was a ram. It had swirly horns, didn't it?

15. Homecoming court?
I imagine that is a kind of prom king/queen thing and no, we never did that. Thank god.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
I wouldn't want to do high school over, but if I had to go back, I'd do WA again.

17. What do you remember most about graduation?
I walked with Veronique, and Jason's valedictory speech had something to do with Wile E. Coyote.

18. Where did you go senior skip day?
No skip day.

19. Have you gained some weight since then?
Gained in college, lost after, gained it all back, am now fighting it off again for the eleventy millionth time...

20. Who was your Senior prom date?
Marc. It was funny. And fun.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?
I was one of five who made it.

22. Who was your homeroom teacher?
We didn't have homerooms, but Madame Soave was my advisor.

23. Who will repost?
I expect no one. But if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

24. Did you play any sports?
I did not. Though I lettered in swimming for being a very dedicated manager. Heehee, me with a varsity letter!

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Yep. Ari, Veronique, Will, Pete, Julie, Alta, Naomi. And quite a few more I keep up with more casually.

26. What year did you graduate?
1995

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home