Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Thursday, September 25, 2008

How Many?

I had lunch with a dear friend today, in a rare moment when the life of a nanny/mother of four and a 3rd year law student with two jobs and a marriage of his own intersect.

I was telling the kids about my afternoon, and Miss E wondered how I knew him. I explained that we'd met in high school... in September of 1991.

E said, "Wow, that's a really long time ago."
I said, "Yeah, seventeen years."

Seventeen years?

After that, I just laid my head on the dinner table and was simultaneously very grateful for friendships that survive that long, and mourning my now hopelessly lost youth.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Burger said...

I myself was struck over the head yesterday by the realization that I still think of "Crash" as "Dave Matthews' NEW album."

9/26/08, 3:32 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Heheh....

9/27/08, 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home