Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, December 15, 2008

Sweet Boy

Tonight while I was making dinner, O decided he wanted to help with the pizza bagels. I had already toasted and sauced the bagels, but I told him he could put the cheese on for me. I pulled up a stool, and got him a bowl of shredded cheese. After a few sprinkles, he said to me, "I'm doin' this kinda slow. Maybe you should do some, too."

Why not?

So I set to work helping him. After a moment, he stopped and looked up at me with a grin. I touched my forehead down to his, and we giggled, because the other person looks like a cyclops when you do that. Then, out of the blue, he kissed me on the nose and turned back to the cheese and bagels. I gave him a smooch on the forehead, and we went back to getting the pizzas ready for the broiler.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

now i want pizza bagels for lunch.

12/17/08, 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moments like that are so special. Children can be so sweet and loving that it almost hurts your heart. O must be a lovely fellow. samm

12/17/08, 6:46 PM  
Blogger fibby said...

Now THAT'S a good day at work.

12/17/08, 10:16 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nice, One time when I was babysitting ages ago, I did the forehead to forehead thing with the little girl I was watching and she said, "You have one eye." HIlarious. Kids are the best.

12/18/08, 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home