Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Real Post Is Coming Next!

Gentle readers, I know you are tired of lists and getting-to-know-yous. But I am flooded by memes on Facebook and email, and I swear one is going to walk up to me on the street and ask me for 42 Dark Secrets from my Past on of these days (hey! maybe I should start that one up?).

Now, for every one of these I actually post, I've been invited to participate in three more. It's epidemic... or pandemic... or a pain in the ass? I'm not asking anyone else to do it, but they sometimes amuse.

Anyway, I got the "Name" Needs one recently, and had a good laugh. I goes like this (if you're lucky enough not to have been "tagged" or mass-forwarded), you Google your first name followed by needs (Hepzibah needs, etc), and post verbatim the first ten hits that come up.

CDG needs facial surgery after collision. (no, thank you)
CDG needs help with middle name. (I actually like mine)
CDG needs to avoid being a one idea pony. (hrmmm)
CDG needs bike security lesson. (maybe, it's been a few years)
CDG needs to being some sunshine back. (let's do it!)
CDG needs a new genre. (yes, one that doesn't include memes!)
CDG needs a new trick. (tying cherry stems with my tongue's not trashy enough?)
CDG needs to get off [her] arse. (YES!)
CDG needs to REPENT. (ok, this is likely true if the Christians are correct)
CDG needs an ass. (no, no I don't. I need to get rid of mine)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny. :) I enjoy the memes but since I don't have a blog I'm immune to receiving them! Good thing. Hope you can become immune...sammmmmmmm
p.s. I've often wondered, about the word verification words on blogs and whether you get to choose them or if they are generated for you.... Some of them are very funny to say!

2/17/09, 12:54 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

the verification words are auto-generated, but i love them anyway!

2/17/09, 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home