Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Ark, Floating Floors, the GrandDog, the Benefits of Plans, and Rkzom

Since I left you we have acquired a crew for the Ark... and once again, the crew from the Lord Roland Oranthal Sebascodegan Bluesbagpiper III, Esq. Memorial Cruise '02 has turned their collective "mines" to piracy... And I found our ship. We saw her the final day of the aforementioned cruise, and fell promptly in lust with brigantine Fritha. The Northeast Maritime Institute of Fairhaven, Massachusetts has recently acquired her... So close, and yet so many millions of dollars away...

In other news, the painting of the dining room is nearly complete, and Mark put the floating floor down in the living room, so it kind of looks like a real house chez nous these days. I'm psyched!

We hosted a Mother's Day Brunch for our parents on Sunday, and all went very well (nothing like a GrandDog to break the ice!).

My WW adventures have continued to be positive; you can see the results here. I'm pretty proud of myself. Apparently, I just needed to get the rest of my ducks in a row before I could get down to the business of re-losing all the weight. Nothing like a plan, you know? I've got a plan for decluttering and organizing my house, and a plan for getting in better physical shape, now I can focus some of my conserved energy losing the weight and straightening out my finances! Oy. When did I get so .... adult?

Speaking of adult things, I saw my old friend Stephanie on Friday. O and I met her and her 5 month old son for lunch. It was really nice to reconnect, and I marvel again at how nice it is to just fall back into conversation with someone you haven't really talked to in 11 years, and have it be completely unforced. Then it was inventing code names for cute boys (ie: tall, blonde minstrel "Rkzom"), now it's gabbing about husbands and houses and babies, but it's still fun!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

Thanks, N, for pointing out my dead link.... I fixed it. You can now click on the name and actually get the photo I was angling after, though yours is, frankly, more elegant.

5/15/06, 9:50 PM  
Blogger Cameron said...

Arrr! I'll fashion a pegleg and we're off... Except for a cannon. D'you think there are cannons available on craigslist.org?

5/16/06, 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home