Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Am Wicked Unique

Clearly my parents were striving to separate me from the millions of gals with the surname "Brown" when I was born, because namestatistics.com (which uses the 1990 US Census) says the following about my first name:

C- is the #1862 most common female name.
0.003% of females in the US are named C-.
Around 3825 US females are named C-!
source namestatistics.com


And "Brown" gets:

Brown is the #5 most common last name.
0.621% of last names in the US are Brown.
Around 1552500 US last names are Brown!
source namestatistics.com


Now, my married surname is a different story:

G- is the #57134 most common last name.
0.0005% of last names in the US are G-.
Around 1250 US last names are G-!
source namestatistics.com


Apparently, by marrying Mark, I've joined a cult of French Canadians 1250 strong ::grin:: That's pretty good for a cult. Actually, there's this geneaologist in Florida who's traced the name back to France, and claims that every G- on the North American continent descends from this one guy. Crazy huh? Knowing how few of them there really are, I guess he could be right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home