Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Preoccupied

I'm guilty of lurking for the past few days - truth is, I've been preoccupied with a few things, and it's affected my writing, if you can call it that.

We had a lovely weekend, which included having friends O&N staying with us over the weekend, with their awesome dog, Scout (photos when I finally get that roll of film developed). We had The Fabulous L&T over for dinner on Saturday, and we were a very merry party of six for Persian Walnut Chicken with Jasmine Rice, Cider Braised Kale and Apples, Soybean Curry, and Frozen Greek Yogurt with Honey and Fig Sauce. I kick ass. No false modesty here. We also took the hounds to meet my parents' dogs, Niner, Chance, and Leah. The neighbors' dog, Frank came over for a visit, making a grand total of 6 dogs in my parents house. Hilarious. I wish I'd had the camera...

The workweek has been busy, O turned 2 yesterday, and this morning his parents decided, with his pediatrician to do a speech intervention. Hooray! I'm psyched to start getting to the bottom of why a smart, expressive, engaging toddler has no real words - and to start getting him talking. Big Brother J has been home for two days with a fever, so we've been chilling, watching movies and playing online with his collection of Webkinz.

Serious thought is going into the house these days, and Mark is getting ready for another big push when the cold fronts move out. With Daylight Savings coming early this year, we''ll have more light to work by, right?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

any chance you would post the recipes? especially the cider braised kale and apples. mmmmmmm

3/9/07, 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home