Move Over Mary Poppins!

The real life adventures of one nanny, her husband, child, dogs, house, and whatever else crosses her path.

My Photo
Name:
Location: MA, United States

Find me at http://camerondgarriepy.com, and http://twitter.com/camerongarriepy

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Preschool Blues

I just got back to work after dropping O off at his first day of preschool, and I'm a little lonely...

It was different six years ago when I was going through this with Big Brother J, since we had the infant Miss E to keep us occupied... Now I'm faced with an empty house for three hours, and the daunting tasks of laundry, tidying, and refilling the dishwasher before the extended family arrived for Rosh Hashanah.

It somehow seems wrong to put my feet up for a few hours when there's not even a child asleep upstairs.

But he was so very excited to put on his backpack and walk over to school, and he didn't raise a fuss when it was time for us to leave him, so I'm going to take my cue from him, and just get on with my day as if this were already routine.

And to think, in a few years, I'll be doing this again....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home